Through the Family Class category of Canadian immigration, Canadian citizens and permanent residents may sponsor their parents and Grandparents for Canadian immigration.
You may be able to sponsor your parents and grandparents to become a permanent resident if you’re at least 18 years old and a:
- Canadian citizen or
- Person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or
- Permanent resident of Canada
If you sponsor your parents and grandparents to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you must:
- Support them financially. Find out for how long.
- Make sure they don’t need social assistance from the government
- Provide for your own essential needs and those of your parents and grandparents and their dependents